There are real benefits to being a member of North Oakland Village. These include becoming an active part of a community, meeting new people and making friends.
Members are stimulated by attending creative programs and gain new knowledge from education presentations relevant to seniors. Members also contribute to the village community by volunteering and sharing their experience and skills with others. When needed, members get help from members and volunteers of the Village.
Activities and Social Events:
North Oakland Village offers a broad range of activities and social events (see links for details);
- Frequent programs and presentations on timely topics of interest. Click here for NOV Presentations
- Monthly potluck dinners with a cross section of members, volunteers and public.
- Outings to Ball Games, Theaters and Art Exhibits. Click here for Special events and outings
- Ongoing groups allowing members to connect, such as the bridge, art, non-fiction book groups, or the monthly salon dealing with current societal issues. Click here for Ongoing groups
- For Service Members NOV provides limited transportation to such things as medical appointments, hair stylists, shopping, social activities and meetings.
- NOV can help make their homes senior friendly, provide light household tasks, such as changing light bulbs, hanging pictures, light gardening and watering plants.
- Technical assistance for members with their computers, phones, television and entertainment systems.
- NOV volunteers also assist member in daily living by periodic check-ins, grocery shopping, companionship and attending medical appointments.
WHAT NOV MEMBERS SAY:
Just a call away
Contact us at email@example.com or call 510-547-8500. We are happy to take your request by phone or email or come join us at ‘Time to Talk about NOV’ in our office (3rd Friday of each month 10:30 – 11:30am)